The City of Hamilton is undertaking a comprehensive approach to develop a cultural policy and plan. This multi-phase project titled Love Your City will result in the following outcomes:
- Identify cultural resources in Hamilton
- Identify potential opportunities for the development of culture
- Clarify the City’s vision and role with respect to culture
- Develop a Cultural Policy and related principles
- Develop a Cultural Plan with strategies, goals and objectives
This important initiative aligns with the work of The Renew Hamilton Project by helping advance culture as the foundation of inspired urban environments. Culture is also the centrepiece of our Conversations with Christopher Hume and Guests event on October 30, 2012.
The vision for culture in Hamilton – developed by a citizens’ reference panel – is:
“Our Hamilton is a unique destination of culture and natural beauty. Our proud history is visible, our neighbourhoods are colourful, our services accessible. Hamilton welcomes you for a day, a weekend, or a lifetime of discovery.”
WHAT IS CULTURE? The video below was produced by the City of Hamilton as a conversation starter … enjoy!
CITIZENS’ REFERENCE COMMITTEE ON CULTURE The video below introduces us to a city-led process to involve local citizens in helping to shape Hamilton’s cultural policy and plan.