Ryan McGreal Complete Streets Podcast
Posted on Nov 6, 2015 In Audio Latest Updates
You can make a street better for everyone without making it worse for anyone.
Below is an audio recording of Ryan McGreal (pictured), editor of Raise the Hammer, speaking on the topic of complete streets at an October 2015 workshop organized by the Hamilton Sustainability Professionals Network.
McGreal’s well prepared talk provides a crisp overview of the “whys” and “hows” of complete street design and implementation, as well as the significant community benefits, especially improved safety for all road users.
This talk also offers a number of practical recommendations to help advance the adoption of complete streets citywide in Hamilton, including:
- Learn from successful complete streets programs across Canada and around the world
- Accept the growing body of evidence that supports the broad benefits of complete streets
- Build on the momentum created by proven implementations along local streets such as Cannon, Wilson (Ancaster), Hunter, etc.
- Participate in community workshops and programs that are helping to push forward Hamilton’s complete streets program
- Keep moving at various levels (top-down and bottom-up), and in bold and incremental ways
LISTEN NOW Ryan McGreal on Complete Streets (20 minutes)
RELATED LOCAL PODCAST Alternative Funding Models for Complete Streets