Chris Murray Podcast
Posted on Oct 24, 2012 In Audio Latest Updates
The Hamilton Chamber of Commerce hosted its annual Breakfast with the City Manager on October 22, 2012 at the Waterfront Centre.
Below is a full length recording of Chris Murray’s address before an audience of 150 leaders representing all sectors of Hamilton’s economy. The address reported on key accomplishments from the past year and the city’s priorities moving forward under the direction of municipal council.
Mr. Murray’s 30 minute talk focused on six interrelated themes:
Development Activity and Jobs
Service Delivery Review
From the perspective of advancing the urban development aims of Renew Hamilton, Mr. Murray’s address and Q&A responses included the following nuggets:
- record high uptake of incentives program continues to spur downtown renewal
- announcement of grocery store to support a growing downtown population
- addition of 300 new hotel units in downtown will boost convention business
- 88% occupancy of downtown office space
- 300 jobs added to emerging creative cluster in downtown Hamilton
- city’s new cultural policy and plan is consistent with downtown renewal objectives
- Supercrawl festival and other events are evidence of cultural vibrancy in downtown Hamilton
- new private sector model will help renew Hamilton Convention Centre, Hamilton Place and other downtown cultural facilities